Thursday, September 27, 2007

Generosity


Second class. I find it hard to find words to describe what generosity looks like over here. What's good basically is that every one helps the person seated next to him but at the end, I feel that writing on a blog is quite hard.
What is generosity then? I've spent some time thinking about it since last week. I looked for definitions on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generosity and tried to make my mind on it. I guess Wikipedia is not that bad. There is an idea of giving things to others in the word "generosity" but that's not all I suppose. So many things cannot be simply given. Generosity it's also and so often sharing. Sharing knowledge, sharing time,... The real and true generosity is when you give or share something without thinking about what you could get back. That's what I believe in and what I try to do at least.

No comments: